Sunday, October 3, 2010

Uninspired

Apologies for the lack of updates lately. The stress level in our house has been unusually high. People keep telling us, "You'll get through this." We're aware and appreciative of the insight, but it doesn't really help us right now. Most of my energy lately has gone into finding full-time employment. Therefore, my attention hasn't really been here. I'm hoping I find something amazing in the next few weeks and can refocus my energies to our Castle.

That's the other thing. Our apartment has been significantly more messy than usual due to our stress level. I know, I know. The mess = contributing to stress. Believe me, I know. So here's my assignment for tomorrow:

  1. Dishes
  2. Meal planning for the week
  3. Grocery shopping (we have a new budget for this...I'm saving to post about later this week)
  4. Clean our bedroom
It's a very doable list. And I'm keeping it doable because I need to feel like I'm accomplishing things. I'm also going to start a new sewing project so I have something to focus on besides staring at the computer conducting a job search/waiting longingly for an email reply or phone call.

How do you cope with stress? What do you do to stay sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment